Some of the most important work in the medical field doesn’t involve treating patients. In fact, it takes place long before a patient walks into a doctor’s office. That’s because every new treatment, every new or improved medication or medical device, every groundbreaking advance in healthcare happens via medical research, and much of that research goes on in America’s most forward-thinking medical schools.
Whether you plan a career as a treating physician or a medical scientist, you’ll want to aim for acceptance at a school that provides a focus on medical research. According to US News & World Report‘s latest rankings, these are the nation’s 10 best medical schools for research:
- Harvard University, Boston, MA
- Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- University of California – San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- University of Pennsylvania (Perelman), Philadelphia, PA
- Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Columbia University, New York, NY
- Duke University, Durham, NC
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Yale University, New Haven, CT
See the full ranking of America’s top research schools at US News & World Report‘s website.
Here at WOLFPACC, we teach prospective medical students an innovative approach to the study and practice of medicine that will serve you well whether you choose a career in medical treatment or medical research. Call 904-209-3140 to find out how we can help give you a competitive edge in your medical studies and career.
Also read: Six Benefits of Undergrad Medical Research